The format bionection meets ... continues single topics of the partnering conference bionection to deepen them together with a project partner. The aim of this event series is to pursue and develop the topics also beyond the two conference days. Selected participants - from basic research to application - will be invited to this exclusive workshop.
The Cluster for Innovation in Smart Medical Devices and Therapies (SMDT) run by biosaxony is collaborating with OncoRay – National Center for Radiation Research in Oncology to support international companies, StartUps and Research Groups in clinical development. On 16th of April 2019 OncoRay opens its labs, databases and other assets relevant for the development of new devices, software and methods especially in the field of imaging. Through the bionection industry workshop we would like to establish consortia for the development and evaluation of your concepts. Therefore we are looking for teams with new
• preclinical imaging (optical imaging; ultrasound CT and MRI in small animals)
• orthotopic tumor models (especially lung and brain tumors)
• systematic comparison of orthotopic and heterotopic models
• 3D and 4D imaging techniques for high-precision radiation therapy of (mobile) tumors
• fiducial markers for tumor demarcation in photon or proton beam radiation
• development of methods to predict the presence and extent of microscopic tumor
• investigating the effectiveness of proton therapy in comparison with classical radiation
therapy using photons
The participants will discuss their ideas in a pecha kucha style presentation. The workshop is free of charge but the access is restricted to a limited number of selected participants. To apply for the event, please send us a one-pager containing non-confidential information on your company/research group, your idea/product and resources needed (e.g. access to databases, clinical expertise,…) for the further development. Deadline for the application is 1st of March 2019. The selected participants get their invitation until 15th of March.
Please send applications and questions regarding the event to: Vicky Tröger, firstname.lastname@example.org.